The first GeoTEd-UAS faculty institute was held on May 21-26 at Virginia Tech. Professional development resources and activities will be posted soon.
2017 GeoTEd-UAS Faculty Institute - Final Agenda
Faculty were competitively selected to attend the Institute.
What: GeoTEd-UAS Institute Professional Development Cohort
Who: Community College Faculty (full-time faculty only)
Topic: Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (sUAS) Operations Technician Training
When: May21-26, 2017, and Spring 2018 dates TBD
Where: Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA
Travel: Community colleges are expected to cover the cost of transportation to the workshop (Blacksburg), and provide leadership and support for the development of UAS pathways at their respective colleges.
The GeoTEd-UAS Institute is available to full-time community college faculty.
Expectations of faculty attending the Institute include:
- Attend the GeoTEd-UAS Institute (5 days) in the Spring 2017 and Spring 2018 (late May, early June) in Blacksburg, VA.
- Develop courses and pathways at your college to prepare UASOT.
- Access the offerings of other colleges as needed to provide UASOT opportunities to students. Become a college-wide resource in the use and application of UAS to faculty in other curricula.
- Provide training to those faculty in the legal, safe, and productive operation and analysis of UAS collected data.
- Publicize the use of UAS to increase UASOT program enrollment in both your service region and across the state and region.